NEW Business Development Manager (UK Wide)
Competitive Salary +Car, UK field based, HQ in East Anglia.
Find and develop new business for substantially sized orders and contracts. Expand and grow Dolav’s UK product presence especially in pooling/rental companies for mid-sized materials handling containers / returnable transit packaging (RTP). Target markets also include the logistics, supply chain, warehousing and recycling/waste management sectors. You will target companies which purchase in the UK from the UK. The New-business Development Manager reports to the General Manager, Dolav UK Ltd. This is a permanent, salaried-staff position located to suit the job holder.
You are a ‘hunter’ and keen to show you are the best match, because you…
• Already know the target industry sectors well, especially pooling/rental, including the key
companies and have a network of industry-wide contacts. This is most important.
• Have an excellent understanding of the driving factors in procurement decision making in the
target sectors and businesses for large-scale new projects, re-equip or repeat orders
• Can find new-build or re-equip projects very early and secure consideration of Dolav products
• Have a clear capability to present the financial model benefits to customers’ investment planning
showing the positive impact on their balance sheet and profit and loss account
• Have some general management experience and have organised and run business units
• Most likely have a masters or degree and, at least, sector-relevant further education
• Are an independent, entrepreneurial, self-starting hunter and a very successful networker
• Have the transferable skills of consultative selling, contract negotiation and deal making
• Have an engineering-orientated understanding of the product and its demanding environment
• Are numerate and fluent in English (other languages may be an advantage).
• Dolav has global sales in 50 countries of injection moulded HDPE products. Over 40 years its
reputation has grown for long-life, premium quality, materials-handling / returnable packaging
• The Dolav Group is benefiting from its recent $25m investment in new injection moulding
equipment and new, expanded factory space
• Dolav continues to invest. Its latest injection moulding machine is rated at 6,500t, with more
machines and tools on order
• Recognised for robust engineered quality, Dolav durability gives long service life and value
• Dolav has supplied the UK for over 30 years. Some UK customers use boxes of 30+ years old
• In the UK, for the last nine years, Dolav UK has supplied demand directly for its plastic pallet boxes
and plastic pallets as returnable transit packaging (RTP), for storage and handling in food and fish
processing, food, fish and animal by-product handling and food or other waste recycling
• Importantly for the food sector, Campden BRI confirms the Dolav Ace pallet box has hygienic design
• Dolav plastic pallet boxes have proved their worth with several UK & EU pooling/renters
• Dolav UK offices, team and warehouse are in Watton, Norfolk. Its customers are UK wide.
The Dolav Group is expanding around the world. In each marketplace it has real potential to expand and open opportunities for its employees. It is owned by a cooperative with long-term ambitions. As a self-owned cooperative, Dolav is uninhibited by short-term objectives of private equity investors.
To apply, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com as soon as possible. Closing date: 31 July 2016
NB: Must be a UK or EU citizen and able to live and work in the UK and work in English.
• More Dolav company and product info at www.dolav.uk or www.uk.dolav-news.com